If you suffer serious injuries in an accident, face a complex business dispute or struggle with a real estate matter, you deserve to work with a lawyer who will give you confidence and peace of mind. At Michael P. Fleming & Associates, P.C., we help clients in Houston and throughout southeast Texas to overcome their legal challenges by providing them with skilled, experienced and highly personalized service. When you work with our law firm, we will be dedicated to protecting your rights, your interests and your overall well-being.
Your future is important to you. Rest assured, it will be important to us, too.
To learn more about our attorneys’ backgrounds, follow the links below.
Board Certified in Personal Injury and Real Estate Law
Attorney Michael P. Fleming has practiced trial and appellate law in the Houston area for more than 30 years. His career includes two terms as the elected Harris County Attorney, and he is one of the few attorneys in Texas to ever win a case before the U.S. Supreme Court.
Only around 1,140 attorneys in Texas are Board Certified by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization in dual practice areas, or less than 1.5 percent of the attorneys who practice in the state. Michael is one of them. He is Board Certified in:
- Personal Injury Trial Law (since 1995)
- Real Estate Law – Residential (since 2005).
To become Board Certified, a lawyer must have substantial, relevant experience in those areas of the law, complete continuing legal education hours, pass a rigorous exam and receive positive evaluations from fellow lawyers and judges. According to the Texas Board of Legal Specialization, consumers and organizations can feel assured that they will receive “the highest quality of legal services” when they work with Board Certified attorneys.
Additionally, Michael has an AV Preeminent Peer Review Rating from Martindale-Hubbell. The legal directory award that rating to only those lawyers with the highest ethical standards and professional ability.
Our Diverse Practice Areas
Michael P. Fleming & Associates, P.C., has a family atmosphere for a reason. Our team includes Michael’s wife, Natalie C. Fleming, who was twice elected to serve as a Harris County Criminal Court at Law judge, as well as their son, Nicolas P. Fleming, a 2017 South Texas College of Law graduate.
Our team also features the talents of Audrey Manito, who is fluent in Vietnamese and studied law in Ireland, and Michael Trevino, who is fluent in Spanish and recently won a case before the Supreme Court of Texas.
Our legal team’s diverse talent and experience allows us to represent clients in Houston and surrounding communities in a wide range of cases, including:
- Personal injury – We represent victims of car, truck and motorcycle accidents as well as slip and falls, dog bites and workplace accidents. We are one of the few law firms with a background in offshore injury cases, including Jones Act and general maritime law claims.
- Business litigation – We work effectively and efficiently to resolve legal issues for our business clients, including disputes that involve breach of contract, trade secrets, non-compete agreements and employment matters.
- Probate litigation – We know how to identify problems that arise in wills, trusts and other estate matters. We help many clients to obtain the inheritance which they are legally entitled to receive.
- Real estate litigation – We help our clients to overcome boundary disputes, title problems, zoning issues and other real estate issues so they can enjoy their homes or move their projects forward in a timely manner.
No matter what your case involves, you can count on Michael P. Fleming & Associates, P.C., to handle your matter with careful attention to detail and determination to achieve the outcome you want.
Our Approach to Serving Our Clients
When you work with Michael P. Fleming & Associates, P.C., the legal services that you receive from our law firm will be:
- Personalized – An attorney (not a paralegal) will directly handle your case and give you full attention. Your lawyer will listen to you and understand your goals, and your lawyer will keep you informed and involved at every stage. We will treat your case like it is our most important case in the office because we know it is YOUR most important case in our office.
- Comprehensive – You can leave everything to our attorneys. They will handle every aspect of your case from start to finish, including dealing with the insurance companies. Meanwhile, you can focus on your health, your business or your real estate project.
- Aggressive – Not all of our clients’ cases go to trial. However, when they do, we are determined to win. We believe that success comes from our tireless preparation, including conducting exhaustive investigations, consulting with knowledgeable experts and crafting persuasive arguments for judges and juries.
Our cases begin with a free consultation. We will take the time to learn about your case, review your options with you and discuss whether and how we can assist you. If we cannot handle your legal matter, we can help you to find the help you need.
Our Service to the Houston Community and Texas Legal Community
In addition to providing legal services, our attorneys are highly active in the Houston community. For instance, attorney Michael P. Fleming serves as a board member of the University of St. Thomas, Harris County-Houston Sports Authority and Harris County Housing Authority. As an elected judge, Natalie C. Fleming presided over the first Spanish-speaking SOBOR Court, which seeks to rehabilitate impaired driving offenders and prevent repeat offenses. Audrey Manito helped to establish the non-profit anti-sex trafficking organization, Elijah Rising, and she currently serves as its board chair.
Our attorneys are also highly involved in the wider Texas legal community. Michael Trevino, for example, is an active member of several legal organizations, including the Mexican American Bar Association of Houston and Texas Young Lawyers Association.
Contact Us Today to Discuss Your Case
Whether you were hurt in a car accident, wronged by a business associate or face an inheritance or real estate dispute, you can count on Michael P. Fleming & Associates, P.C., to handle your case with skill, knowledge and determination. Contact us today to discuss your case and learn more about how we can assist you.