Do I have a personal injury case?

In general, you probably won’t need an attorney specializing in injury law for a minor fender-bender with little property damage and no injuries. It may be smarter and save time to accept settlements for inexpensive repairs than to hire an attorney and incur legal fees.

The answer is different if you have been in an accident with injuries and significant property damage. Nothing obligates you to file a personal injury case. The time after an accident is very stressful and sometimes people find it best to accept a settlement and be done with it.

But if you’ve been hurt, think about your injuries and circumstances. Were you injured while using an e-cigarette, in a car accident, or slip and fall accident? Can you afford to pay for the medical expenses and the expected costs of rehabilitation like physical therapy? Will you be able to support your household based on lost income or expected lost income? Are you suffering emotionally from the trauma? Would it be comforting to have extra compensation for your injuries and losses?

Depending on your answers, it may be worthwhile to contact a board-certified attorney serving in Houston. Most injury firms including Fleming Law, P.C., offer free initial consultations to discuss the facts of your case. And if you decide to hire us, you don’t pay unless we win your case.