Our Dallas Personal Injury Lawyers Can Help You!
When someone does something negligent that hurts you or a loved one, you can face a confusing, stressful time. However, with help from an experienced and compassionate Dallas personal injury lawyer from Michael P. Fleming & Associates, P.C., you can get through this difficult period. It starts the moment that you call us for a free consultation about your case.
Attorney Michael P. Fleming can bring more than three decades of legal experience to your case as well as the distinction of being Board Certified as a specialist in Personal Injury Trial Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization. After years of helping personal injury victims and their families in Dallas and throughout Texas, he knows what it takes to protect his clients’ rights and seek the maximum amount of compensation for them. Contact us today to learn more about how our team can help you.
Do You Need to Hire a Personal Injury Attorney in Dallas?
If you suffered severe injuries due to the suspected wrongdoing of another, you should seek help from a personal injury lawyer in Dallas as soon as possible. If another party caused your injuries by acting intentionally, reckless or simply carelessly, you may be eligible to recover significant compensation. This compensation can cover your medical expenses, lost wages, pain, suffering, emotional distress and more. It could make a major difference in your recovery from your injuries and your future.
An insurance company may try to convince you that you don’t need to hire a lawyer – the insurer will simply cut you a settlement check, and you can sign a release and be on your way. However, once you sign that release, you will be unable to bring legal action and seek more funds in the future if that settlement check fails to fully cover all of your losses. In reality, the insurance company’s first offer often does fail to cover all of a victim’s losses or represent the maximum amount that the victim is eligible to receive.
This is why you need to hire a Dallas lawyer. You owe it to yourself to find out whether the insurance company is dealing fairly with you and offering you the compensation that you deserve for your injuries and losses.
How Our Lawyers Can Help with Your Dallas Personal Injury Claim
When you work with Michael P. Fleming & Associates, P.C., on your Dallas personal injury claim, you can expect to receive close, highly personal attention to your case and professional, friendly service from every member of our legal team. We will:
- Immediately investigate your case – We will collect and study evidence that explains why your injuries occurred and points to who should be held liable for your damages.
- Calculate your damages – We will also analyze your medical records and consult with experts to determine the nature and extent of your injuries and the effect on your ability to earn a living and enjoy your life.
- Pursue the maximum amount for you – We will demand that the insurance company (or companies) pay what you are due for the physical, emotional and financial harm that you have suffered. If necessary, we will be ready to fight for you at trial.
We are a multilingual law firm that works with clients who speak Spanish and Vietnamese. You will pay no costs or fees unless we recover compensation for you.
Common Injuries that Our Dallas Injury Law Firm Handles
With several decades of combined legal experience, our personal injury attorneys at Michael P. Fleming & Associates, P.C., have assisted clients in Dallas and surrounding areas with a wide range of injuries. We understand the different aspects of injuries such as:
- Traumatic brain injury (TBI)
- Spinal cord injury (SCI)
- Internal bleeding/organ injury
- Soft tissue injury
- Cuts and lacerations
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD).
We take the time to understand the impact of injuries on our clients and their families and to understand their objectives. We then aggressively pursue just compensation for the unique harm that our clients have suffered, including payment of all past and future medical expenses, lost wages, diminishment of future earning ability, physical pain, and emotional anguish. Throughout your case, we can advise you about any settlement offers that you receive and help you to decide whether it meets your needs and goals.
Steps You Should Take After You Suffer an Injury in Dallas
You can easily make a mistake after you suffer injuries in an accident in Dallas and hurt your ability to recover compensation. To help you to avoid those mistakes, our legal team at Michael P. Fleming & Associates, P.C., suggests that you take these three basic steps:
- Get medical attention – See a doctor right away after your accident. If you wait too long to get medical attention, it may lead an insurance company to question whether your accident caused your injuries, or whether your injuries are as severe as you claim. You should make sure to follow your doctor’s treatment plan through to the finish.
- Report your accident – You should make sure to report your auto accident to the police and to your own insurance company. If you were hurt in a slip and fall or dog attack, you should promptly report the injury to the property owner or dog owner. A timely report will help to establish your claim.
- Decline to speak with the insurance company – If the other party’s insurance company offers to settle your case or asks for a statement or access to your medical records, you should simply decline to speak until you talk first with your lawyer at Michael P. Fleming & Associates, P.C.
Additionally, don’t talk about your injuries or your legal case on Twitter, Facebook or other social media sites until your case is resolved. You should consider giving up social media altogether until your case is over in order to avoid the risk of the insurance company taking something that you post out of context and using it against you.
Discuss Your Case with an Experienced Dallas Personal Injury Attorney
At Michael P. Fleming & Associates, P.C., we care about your clients and their futures. If you suffered an injury due to someone else’s wrongdoing in Dallas, we will pursue maximum compensation for you and work tirelessly to meet your needs and goals. Contact us today and learn more about how we can help you in Dallas through a free and confidential consultation.