Burn Injury Lawyers in Houston, Tx
Do you suffer from life-long scars due to a burn injury? Burn injuries commonly occur in workplace accidents, motor vehicle explosions, structural fires, outdoor fires and chemical accidents. Call the Houston personal injury lawyers at Michael P. Fleming & Associates, P.C. now to see how can help you seek the compensation you deserve for medical expenses, pain and suffering, disfigurement, physical impairment, and lost income.
What are the Causes of Burn Injury?
Burns are one of the most painful injuries to endure. Not only do burns result in excruciating pain, the scars can last a lifetime.
Avoid adding financial debt to your already stressful predicament by putting the accident lawyers at Michael P. Fleming & Associates, P.C. to work on your case. We help people in Texas who have been burned in all types of accidents, including:
- Petrochemical fires and refinery accidents. In Pasadena or Texas City, Texas these incidents often happen as the result of negligent conduct by the operators or contractors. Even if the employer carries workers’ compensation insurance, you still might be able to bring a claim for compensation.
- Burns caused by toxic chemicals. Certain occupations have a much higher risk for toxic exposure leading to burning of the skin.
- Truck Accidents and car accident fires. Broken bones are not the only common injuries in car accidents. Often, victims are trapped in the wrecked car or truck when a fire breaks out.
- Fires caused by lack of smoke detectors, fire alarms, and sprinkler systems. When a commercial establishment fails to have properly working fire detection and extinguishing devices, smoke inhalation and burn injuries are the result. Companies must meet city code in Houston to make sure people are safe. When they do not, they can be held responsible for the resulting injuries and death.
- Explosions on ships and other maritime accidents
- Gulf of Mexico explosions
- Workplace injuries
- Gas Explosion
What are the types of burn injuries?
- First degree – Damage to the out layer of skin causing pain, redness, and swelling.
- Second degree – Damage to both outer layer of skin and underlying tissue layers causing pain, swelling, redness, and blistering.
- Third degree – With 3rd degree burns, damage extends deeper into tissue causing extensive tissue destruction. The skin may feel numb.
- Inhalation injuries – Damage to lungs and respiratory system caused by heat inhalation, systemic toxins, or smoke inhalation.
Compensation for burn injuries
Because burns are some of the most painful and long-lasting injuries, juries in Texas are usually receptive to awarding all of the damages a burn victim is entitled to receive.
One challenge in evaluating the compensation claim for an injury victim is to cause jury to understand exactly how painful and severe the harm is to the victim. With burns, all jurors understand the pain caused by even the slightest burn and they can see the lasting effects of the scarring that the victim endures.
Though the road is a long one, most burn victims do make a full recovery. Some permanent nerve damage, scarring and physical disfigurement may remain, but the overall health and well-being of the victim is often promising. If you or someone you know has been burned in a fire, explosion or accident caused by someone else’s carelessness, contact an experienced Houston injury attorney to discuss your options for obtaining justice and compensation.