Michael Trevino, Senior Associate
Location: Houston Texas
Phone: (713) 221-6800
(888) 529-0018 (Toll free)
Email: Email Me
Michael was born in Port Arthur, Texas. He graduated from Nederland High School in Nederland, Texas. Upon graduation, Michael attended the University of Texas at Austin. While at Texas, he received the Roy D. Pena Endowed Presidential Scholarship and Jesse H. Jones Centennial Scholarship. Michael was also a member of Gamma Beta Phi Honor Society and the National Society of Collegiate Scholars. He graduated early with a bachelor’s degree in Journalism.
After graduation, Michael received a scholarship to attend the University of New Hampshire School of Law (formerly Franklin Pierce Law Center) in Concord, New Hampshire. While at UNH, Michael was selected to compete in the Willem C. Vis International Commercial Arbitration Moot in Vienna, Austria. Michael was UNH law’s highest scoring overall oralist. While in law school, Michael clerked for the Texas Finance Commission, Office of the Consumer Credit Commissioner. Upon graduation, Michael worked as an associate for a litigation firm in Houston, Texas.
Michael joined Michael P. Fleming & Associates, P.C. in 2018. He focuses his practice on commercial litigation, construction and real estate law, alternative dispute resolution and probate and fiduciary litigation.
Michael currently manages the firm’s Probate, Trusts and Estate Litigation Group. Michael has ample experience in litigation and arbitration, including successfully handling numerous jury and bench trials. He is the Lead Trial Attorney on the Firm’s fiduciary litigation cases.
He is a member of the American Bar Association, Hispanic National Bar Association, Mexican American Bar Association of Houston and Texas Young Lawyers Association. Michael lives in the Houston area with his wife, Britny, and their beautiful children.
Michael successfully appealed, briefed and had overturned an adverse summary judgment order to the Supreme Court of Texas. See C. Borunda Holdings, Inc. v. Lake Proctor Irrigation Authority of Comanche County, Texas, 540 S.W.3d 548 (Tex. 2018). Michael was the lead attorney and drafting attorney for the petition for review and brief on the merits for the appellant.
Areas of Practice
- Probate and Estate Litigation
- Will Contests and Challenges
- 90% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
- Texas, 2009
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Texas, 2012
- U.S. Court of Appeals 5th Circuit, 2012
- University of New Hampshire School of Law, Concord, New Hampshire
- J.D. – 2008
- Selected to compete in the Willem C. Vis International Commercial Arbitration Moot in Vienna, Austria
- Awarded Highest Overall Oralist while at UNH School of Law
- University of Texas, Austin, Texas
- B.A. 2004
- Awarded: Roy D. Pena Endowed Presidential Scholarship
- Awarded: Jesse H. Jones Centennial Scholarship
- Bachelor’s Degree in Journalism