Every personal injury case is different. Each case involves unique individuals and facts. The potential value of a case may be influenced by many factors, such as:
- The nature and severity of your injuries
- Whether your injuries are considered permanent or temporary in nature
- The type of medical care you required for your injuries
- The extent of your pain and suffering
- The wages and income potential you lost because of your injuries
- The insurance available to cover the claim
- The property damage involved
- Out-of-pocket costs associated with the accident
- The effect the accident had on your life
- How the accident has affected you emotionally
- Whether you were partially negligent of the accident
There is no precise formula for determining the value of a personal injury case. However, an experienced Houston personal injury attorney can review the circumstances surrounding your claim and the damages you have suffered to determine a range for your case, based on cases with similar factors. Generally, the more severe the injury you suffered, the greater the potential monetary value that may be assigned to the case.
However, insurance companies will try to minimize the value of your claim. They are only interested in protecting their profits, not about ensuring that you have fair compensation following an accident. A personal injury attorney will work diligently to fight for the maximum compensation available for your claim. If you are looking for a personal injury lawyer near me, get in touch.
In Texas, accident victims generally have two years to file a personal injury lawsuit. This means that, in most cases, accident victims can file a lawsuit up to two years following the date of their accident to demand compensation for their medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, and other losses. If the deadline passes in the case without you taking action, you can lose the right to recover this compensation. You can protect your rights by contacting an experienced personal injury attorney.
Most personal injury cases are based on the legal theory of negligence. Negligence arises when someone acts in a careless manner or violates the law, which causes harm to someone else. You may have a personal injury case if you were injured:
- In a car accident
- While visiting someone else’s property
- While using a defective or unsafe product
- When a dog bit you
- While you were working
- While receiving unacceptable medical care
If you lost a loved one in any of these situations, you may have a special type of personal injury case called a wrongful death claim. In this type of legal claim, surviving family members can pursue compensation for the losses they suffered because their loved one died.
Some personal injury cases arise because someone intentionally hurts someone, such as in a sexual abuse case. Others arise because the defendant owed the victim a duty they violated or because they violated a law that was intended to protect them. The best way to know if you have a viable personal injury claim is to contact Fleming Law for a free case review.
If you suffered severe injuries due to the suspected wrongdoing of another, whether through a work injury, car accident, motorcycle accident, dog bite or dog attack, or other activity, you should seek help from a personal injury lawyer in Houston as soon as possible. If another party caused your injuries by acting intentionally, recklessly, or simply carelessly, you may be eligible to recover significant compensation. This compensation can cover your medical expenses, lost wages, pain, suffering, emotional distress, and more. It could make a major difference in your recovery from your injuries and your future.
An insurance company may try to convince you that you don’t need to hire a lawyer – the insurer will simply cut you a settlement check, and you can sign a release and be on your way. However, once you sign that release, you will be unable to bring legal action and seek more funds in the future if that settlement check fails to fully cover all of your losses. In reality, the insurance company’s first offer often does fail to cover all of a victim’s losses or represent the maximum amount that the victim is eligible to receive.
This is why you need to hire a Houston lawyer. You owe it to yourself to find out whether the insurance group is dealing fairly with you and offering you the compensation that you deserve for your injuries and losses.
When you work with Fleming Law on your Houston personal injury claim, you can expect to receive close, highly personal attention to your case and professional, friendly service from every member of our legal team. We will:
- Immediately investigate your case – We will collect and study evidence that explains why your injuries occurred and points to who should be held liable for your damages.
- Calculate your damages – We will also analyze your medical records and consult with experts to determine the nature and extent of your injuries and the effect on your ability to earn a living and enjoy your life.
- Pursue the maximum amount for you – We will demand that the insurance company (or insurance companies) pay what you are due for the physical, emotional, and financial harm that you have suffered. If necessary, we will be ready to fight for you at trial.
We are a multilingual law firm that works with clients who speak Spanish and Vietnamese. You will pay no costs or fees unless we recover compensation for you.
With several decades of combined legal experience, our personal injury attorneys at Fleming Law have assisted clients in Houston and surrounding areas with a wide range of injuries. We understand the different aspects of injuries such as:
We take the time to understand the impact of injuries on our clients and their families and to understand their objectives. We then aggressively pursue just compensation for the unique harm that our clients have suffered, including payment of all past and future medical expenses, lost wages, diminishment of future earning ability, physical pain, and emotional anguish. Throughout your case, we can advise you about any settlement offers that you receive and help you to decide whether it meets your needs and goals.
You can easily make a mistake after you suffer injuries in an accident in Houston and hurt your ability to recover compensation. To help you to avoid those mistakes, our legal team at Fleming Law, suggests that you take these three basic steps:
- Get medical attention – See a doctor and get medical care right away after your accident. If you wait too long to get medical attention, it may lead an insurance carrier to question whether your accident caused your injuries, or whether your injuries are as severe as you claim. You should make sure to follow your doctor’s health care treatment plan through to the finish.
- Report your accident – You should make sure to report your motor vehicle accident to the police and to your own insurance company. If you were hurt in a slip and fall or dog attack, you should promptly report the injury to the property owner or dog owner. A timely report will help to establish your claim.
- Decline to speak with the insurance company – If the other party’s insurance company offers to settle your case or asks for a statement or access to your medical records, you should simply decline to speak until you talk first with your lawyer at Fleming Law.
Additionally, don’t talk about your injuries or your legal case on Twitter, Facebook, or other social media sites until your case is resolved. You should consider giving up social media altogether until your case is over in order to avoid the risk of the insurance company taking something that you post out of context and using it against you.