By submitting an application you are confirming that you abide by the terms and conditions of our scholarship.
Suggested specific topics include:
- Should the 7th Amendment be construed literally?
- Should liability be expanded for bars that serve drunk drivers?
- Should the right to a jury trial be expanded or restricted in injury cases?
These topics are only suggestions. Any law-related topic is fine.
Eligibility and Guidelines
- Open to all 1L students;
- Prior recipients NOT eligible;
- Must be in word format (.doc or .docx);
- Email essays to email@example.com
- Include your full name, address, phone number and name of your school.
Essays will be judged based on clarity of content, originality and grammar.
ONLY the winning applicants will be notified. So please make sure to check our website.
Contact Us for More Information.
View the winners from the 2019 Law Scholarship Contest here.
View the winners from the 2018 Law Scholarship Contest here.
View the winners from the 2017 Law Scholarship Contest here.
The Houston law firm of Michael P. Fleming & Associates, P.C., handles a variety of legal matters, including personal injury attorney and car accident claims, civil litigation, business law, and transactional law. Attorney Michael P. Fleming is a Board-Certified Trial Lawyer with the Texas Board of Legal Specialization and a former elected Harris County Attorney. He has argued – and won – cases before the U.S. Supreme Court and the United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit.