FLEMING LAW SCHOLARSHIP
Our firm is proud to offer once again our annual Law Scholarship for 1st year law students in the United States.
The scholarship application deadline is July 1, 2019.
One scholarship of $1,000 will be awarded to the author of the winning essay.
The winner will be announced by August 1, 2019 on our blog and social media.
Each applicant will submit an essay of at least 500 words on an area of personal injury or civil litigation law with an emphasis on why they deserve the award. Video essays are welcome.
By submitting an application you are confirming that you abide by the terms and conditions of our scholarship.
Suggested specific topics include:
- Should the 7th Amendment be construed literally?
- Should liability be expanded for bars that serve drunk drivers?
- Should the right to a jury trial be expanded or restricted in injury cases?
These topics are only suggestions. Any law-related topic is fine.
Eligibility and Guidelines
- Open to all 1L students;
- Prior recipients NOT eligible;
- Must be in word format (.doc or .docx);
- Email essays to email@example.com
- Include your full name, address, phone number and name of your school.
Essays will be judged based on clarity of content, originality and grammar.
ONLY the winning applicants will be notified. So please make sure to check our website.
The Houston law firm of Michael P. Fleming & Associates, P.C., handles a variety of legal matters, including personal injury and car accident claims, civil litigation, business law, and transactional law. Attorney Michael P. Fleming is a Board-Certified Trial Lawyer with the Texas Board of Legal Specialization and a former elected Harris County Attorney. He has argued – and won – cases before the U.S. Supreme Court and the United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit.