Do you handle injury lawsuit defense cases?

Michael P. Fleming on the steps of the United States Supreme Court building after a successful argument

In his 30 years of practicing law in the Houston area, Michael P. Fleming has handled thousands of cases – both plaintiff and defense. He has defended elected officials, companies, public employees and other individuals who have been sued for damages in state and federal courts. His accomplishments including achieving recognition and board certification in Injury Trial Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization help him do what is needed to mount a successful defense when you are facing a claim in court.

Early in his career, Mr. Fleming served as an assistant Harris County Attorney defending the taxpayers and elected officials and employees in federal civil injury cases. In that capacity, he saved millions and millions of dollars for the public and was certified as a personal injury case law specialist in 1995. In 1996, he successfully sought election to the top position in the office – Harris County Attorney. That position is the chief counsel in civil matters for the thousands of employees and elected officials in county government. Even after voluntarily leaving that position after re-election, Mr. Fleming has continued to defend government entities, officials and private citizens and their companies in lawsuits seeking damages for injury and other claims.

What Type of Cases do we Defend?

We can help you protect your assets by aggressively defending you or your company in court in just about any civil claim including:

  • Car Accident Cases
  • Worker Injuries
  • Industrial Accidents
  • Fraud Claims
  • Premises Liability Matters
  • DWI Accidents
  • Wrongful Death Claims
  • Civil Rights Damage Claims

If you have received a notice from a plaintiff’s lawyer that you are about to be sued – or if you receive a citation (notice of a lawsuit against you) you should immediately contact your insurance carrier so that they can hire you an injury defense lawyer. If you do not have insurance or if the insurance company is denying coverage, you will need to hire a law firm to defend you in court. Individuals can represent themselves (usually a big mistake) but companies cannot be represented by their owner unless the owner is also a licensed attorney. If you think your council is inefficient, you are able to change lawyers.

Can’t I Hire a Civil Defense Lawyer Later?

It can be a big mistake to delay in finding an injury defense if you or your company have been threatened or actually sued for personal injuries. If you have received a citation and do not file the proper paperwork in court to deny the allegations and mount a proper defense, you might find yourself as the subject of a default judgment which means you lose the case. If you don’t answer the lawsuit, the next notice you receive might be the actual judgment against you. It will then be too late to defend yourself in court.

If you or your company are facing a lawsuit for injury damages, do not delay in seeking counsel from a qualified injury defense lawyer. Contact Michael P. Fleming for a free, no-obligation consultation.