Trial Attorney for Wrongful Death Cases in Houston
Wrongful Death Attorneys In Houston
Finding the best wrongful death lawyer in Houston can be difficult and confusing as it often is necessary at a time when the loved ones need to be thinking about other pressing matters. At Michael P. Fleming & Associates, P.C., our Houston personal injury lawyers Michael P. Fleming has been practicing law in Houston for 30 years and is Board Certified as a specialist by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization.
After an accidental or wrongful death, Texas law allows the surviving spouse, children, and parents to bring claims when their relative has been killed due to the negligence of another. Additionally, the representative of the deceased is legally permitted to file a lawsuit and pursue damages on behalf of the dead person’s estate. These damages can be significant and provide another source of financial support for the person’s heirs – often small children.
There is nothing more painful in life than losing a loved one.
What makes it even worse is when the death is preventable.
We have seen so many of these situations.
Fatalities at work, employees who are:
- Not trained to perform their duties in dangerous work environments.
- Directed by management to operate production equipment in an unsafe, hazardous manner.
- Denied safe work conditions or over worked to the point where their life is at risk.
Loved ones who loose their lives in accidents from:
- Drunk drivers who kill while driving.
- Distracted drivers who text or use their smartphone on highways.
- 18 wheeler truck drivers with unsafe loads or who are fatigued or impaired.
What do we do in these cases?
Investigate every detail:
- Secure video surveillance, what does it show?
- Assess the work environment, was it unsafe?
- Did OSHA investigate? What does their report say?
Interview key people:
- Work colleagues, did they witness anything? Do they say the working conditions are dangerous?
- Safety manager, does the company have a history of safety problems and injured workers?
- Owner’s and senior managers, what is the work culture? Is employee safety a top priority?