How Do I Choose A Personal Injury Firm?
When you or a family member has been the victim of a serious personal injury or wrongful death claim, you will need to find and evaluate the qualifications of potential personal injury lawyers to handle your case. This is a very important decision and often must be made in a hurry. Sometimes, folks are approached by strangers urging them to hire a lawyer they recommend. This is an illegal practice and you should never hire a lawyer that solicits your business in this way.
So, whether you have been recommended a lawyer by a friend or are evaluating the credentials of lawyers you have found on the internet, there are certain questions you can ask to make sure you hire the right attorney. See if the potential lawyer meets the following standards:
- Does the lawyer have many years handling personal injury cases?
- Is the lawyer Board Certified in Personal Injury Trial Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization?
- Has the lawyer received the prestigious A/V Rating by Martindale – Hubbell?
- Is the lawyer an inductee in the American Board of Trial Advocates?
- Has the lawyer been recognized as a Super Lawyer for many years?
- Has the lawyer handled cases in the trial courts and the United States Supreme Court?
- Does the lawyer handle personal injury matters on a “no- win no-fee” contingent basis?
- Does the lawyer have good personal injury lawyer reviews & ratings?
This is not an exhaustive list of possible qualifications but basic guidelines to help you find the right lawyer for your personal injury matter.