Baytown, TX Personal Injury Lawyer
If a person suffers harm in Baytown because of the negligent actions or inactions of another person, company, government agency, or other entity, they could be eligible to seek compensation through a personal injury claim.
These devastating injuries are often the result of accidents, such as car accidents, truck accidents, slips, trips and falls, and other unforeseen events. If you have been hurt in Baytown due to someone else’s negligence, you have the right to hold them accountable for the financial expenses you’ve incurred and other losses you’ve suffered.
Hurt in an accident? The experienced Baytown personal injury lawyers at Fleming Law stand ready and willing to fight for the full and fair compensation you deserve. Contact us today to schedule a free and confidential consultation. Call us toll-free or use our online form. We will discuss all your legal options for seeking the compensation you deserve.
Car Accident Lawyers
Did you suffer severe injuries in a car accident in Baytown? You should know that, unfortunately, insurance companies do not have your best interests at heart. They are looking after their bottom line first and foremost. Because insurers will try to pay you as little as possible, you should seek legal representation from an experienced lawyer who will help you secure the maximum settlement amount possible.
Here are five ways an attorney at Fleming Law can help with your car accident case:
- Identify the liable parties. After thoroughly reviewing evidence – such as the accident report, photos of the accident, and witness accounts – an attorney can determine which party is responsible for causing the accident. By identifying all liable parties, an attorney can help safeguard the value of your claim and put you in a position to recover the maximum compensation available.
- Help you file a claim. Filing a claim after an accident can be confusing. You may not know how to file your claim or who to file it against. An experienced car accident lawyer can help you file your claim against the appropriate party and in a timely manner.
- Gather evidence to support your claim. Evidence often needs to be collected to prove that someone’s negligence or recklessness caused your accident. When an attorney investigates your accident, physical evidence may be collected. If you have an attorney get involved soon after the accident, there is a greater chance of finding more evidence, as it tends to disappear over time.
- Negotiate a fair settlement with insurance companies. Frequently, insurance companies offer accident victims less than what they deserve. When the settlement offer does not cover the full amount of damages you have suffered, an attorney can negotiate for a fair settlement amount that covers all your losses. With the help of an attorney, you will have confidence that you are making the right decisions whenever a settlement is on the table.
- Fight for you in court. While most car accident cases settle out of court, some will go to trial. It may be in your best interest to see your claim to trial if the at-fault party refuses liability or the insurance company does not offer you a fair settlement. If your case goes to trial, a lawyer will be able to defend your rights and effectively present your case.
If you’ve been injured in a car accident, it is crucial that you seek legal representation from a qualified car accident lawyer at Fleming Law as soon as you can. Do not provide any written or recorded statements to insurers before first getting help from one of our skilled attorneys. Don’t accept any settlement offer without first discussing it with us.
Motorcycle Accident Lawyers
If you were injured in a motorcycle crash and it wasn’t your fault, the motorcycle accident lawyers at Fleming Law are ready to tirelessly pursue your claim. Our lawyers help injured people pursue compensation for medical bills, pain and suffering, lost wages, property damage, and more.
Motorcyclists have a higher chance of suffering severe injuries than passenger vehicle drivers because of their lack of protection. Among the challenges for motorcyclists are the common misconceptions in society. Some people think that motorcyclists are more prone to engage in dangerous behavior on the road and will automatically assume they are to blame for accidents. This bias against motorcyclists can become an issue, particularly when insurance companies use anti-biker prejudice to seek a lower payout.
In car-motorcycle collisions, the motorcyclist usually suffers more injuries than the occupants of the other vehicle. Because of this, the motorcyclist may not be able to provide an accurate account of what happened if they are unconscious or disoriented after the crash.
If you’ve been injured in a motorcycle accident in Baytown due to the negligence on the part of another driver, contact the personal injury attorneys at Fleming Law as soon as possible. We will work hard to help you gain compensation for your injuries and hold the at-fault parties accountable.
Truck Accident Lawsuits
Truck accidents are typically much different from car accidents. Due to the sheer size and weight of trucks, accidents involving tractor-trailers and cars often result in devastating injuries to the car’s passengers. Truck accidents have many more legal considerations than car accidents, and they’re typically worth much more because there are more severe injuries and higher medical bills, plus higher insurance limits.
Often, the insurance company representing a truck driver or trucking company will offer the injured party a quick lowball settlement. They do this to prevent a case from developing and ensure the at-fault parties can avoid a large payout. Before agreeing to a settlement, always consult a skilled truck accident attorney.
An experienced Baytown truck accident attorney knows how to collect all the relevant evidence, determine all the liable parties, and hold them accountable for their role in the crash. At Fleming Law, our skilled lawyers are ready to coordinate a thorough investigation of your accident as soon as possible. In addition to investigating the accident scene and gathering witness testimonies, we can compile and analyze evidence like the truck driver’s qualifications, driver logbooks, and truck maintenance records. An investigation could tell us why the crash occurred, and which laws and regulations were broken by the negligent truck driver.
Bicycle Accident Attorneys
Residents of Baytown are frequently injured in bicycle accidents. If you have been hit by a car or truck while riding a bicycle, you need the help of an experienced bicycle accident attorney to help you seek the compensation the responsible party owes you. Under Texas law, proving liability in bicycle accidents is the same as in car accidents. A bike injury claim is proven by showing a duty, breach of that duty, causation, and resulting damages.
If you were cycling in a bike lane, an intersection, or anywhere that you legally had a right to be cycling, and you were injured by someone who was driving recklessly, you could be owed compensation. Because every bicycle accident case is different, only a skilled personal injury lawyer can tell you how much money you could be owed. The aggressive bicycle injury lawyers at Fleming Law are standing by to take your call and discuss what happened to you.
Pedestrian Accident Lawyers
When a pedestrian and a car collide, it is often, but not always, the driver who is at fault. For instance, drivers who fail to yield at crosswalks are likely to be at fault, and drivers who speed in designated slow zones are also at fault. An attorney can help you determine who was at fault for your pedestrian accident.
If you were injured as a pedestrian in Baytown, you can file an injury claim against the driver’s insurer to help you cover expenses such as medical bills, lost wages, pain and suffering, and more. Often, injured pedestrians are offered a low settlement from the insurance company. Never try to negotiate with an insurance company before first consulting an attorney. Pedestrian accident lawyers can help you determine how much compensation you are entitled to and work to seek the amount you deserve.
An attorney can also help in hit-and-run cases in which you are struck by a car and the driver speeds off, leaving you injured at the scene. Hit-and-runs carry serious penalties for motorists in the event they are caught. If the driver who hit you is not caught, you may be able to recover under the uninsured motorist (UM) coverage on your own auto policy. A skilled hit-and-run accident lawyer can help by speaking to your insurer to ensure that you get the most out of your coverage.
Slip and Fall Law Firm
Slip and fall cases can be among the most difficult personal injury cases to prove. Whether a slip and fall victim has a case will often depend on many factors, such as what caused the slip and fall and whether the property owner or occupier was aware of the condition that caused the accident.
An experienced Baytown premises liability attorney can help with gathering evidence and locating witnesses as important steps toward determining what caused the slip and fall and if the property owner or occupier can be held liable. Evidence may get lost or destroyed if you wait too long. If you were injured in a slip-and-fall accident, be sure to speak with an attorney as soon as possible.
Medical Malpractice Attorneys
Medical malpractice refers to an act of negligence on the part of a health care provider, such as a doctor or nurse. Have you been the victim of a negligent medical error? Injuries due to medical malpractice are all too common, and you don’t have to face the health care provider by yourself. Our experienced medical malpractice lawyers fight to hold medical professionals accountable if they fail to provide an acceptable standard of care.
In medical malpractice cases, the injured patient must prove that their injury was caused by a healthcare professional’s failure to act in accordance with accepted standards. An experienced medical malpractice lawyer can obtain and review medical records, consult with medical experts, and investigate the evidence to support your malpractice claim.
Wrongful Death Attorneys
If you lost a family member due to a preventable accident caused by someone’s negligence, our heart goes out to you during this extremely difficult time. The Baytown wrongful death attorneys at Fleming Law fully understand the toll these tragic accidents take on families. We want to help.
If you are dealing with a wrongful death case, allow our compassionate wrongful death lawyers to guide you through the legal process and advocate for you. While nothing can replace your loved one, Texas law allows surviving members of the deceased to pursue compensation through legal action. A successful claim can provide closure for the survivors and justice for the deceased.
About Baytown, Texas
Baytown is a city in Harris County located within the Houston–The Woodlands-Sugar Land metropolitan area in the Gulf Coast region of Texas. Baytown is situated on the northern side of the Galveston Bay complex near the outlets of the San Jacinto River and Buffalo Bayou. The city is easily accessible via Interstate 10, Highway 146, and the Grand Parkway. According to Census estimates, Baytown has a population of about 77,000.
Baytown’s major employers include ExxonMobil, San Jacinto Methodist Hospital, and Goose Creek Consolidated Independent School District. Notable attractions include Pirates Bay Water Park, Eddie V. Gray Wetlands Center, Baytown Nature Center, and the Lynchburg Ferry, which has been in operation since 1888.
Contact Our Personal Injury Lawyers Now
If you have been injured in an accident that was someone else’s fault, contact the personal injury lawyers at Fleming Law today. Call toll-free or use our online form to schedule a free, no-obligation consultation. We will fight tirelessly for the full and fair compensation you deserve for your injuries.
For visitors or customers traveling from Baytown, TX to Fleming Law Personal Injury Attorney in Houston, the following bullet points can guide you:
- Start in Baytown, TX: Begin at your location in Baytown.
- Access TX-330 Spur South: Head towards TX-330 Spur S from your starting point.
- Merge onto I-10 West: Follow TX-330 Spur S to merge onto I-10 W towards Houston.
- Continue on I-10 West: Stay on I-10 W as you approach Houston.
- Exit towards Sam Houston Tollway North: Look for the exit to Sam Houston Tollway N; you might need to take a toll road.
- Take the exit toward Memorial Dr/Eldridge Parkway: From the Sam Houston Tollway, exit towards Memorial Dr/Eldridge Parkway.
- Follow Memorial Drive: After exiting, proceed on Memorial Drive.
- Turn onto N Eldridge Parkway: Make a turn onto N Eldridge Parkway from Memorial Drive.
- Turn onto Wood Branch Park Dr: From N Eldridge Parkway, make a turn onto Wood Branch Park Dr to reach your destination.
- Arrive at 1250 Wood Branch Park Dr: The office is located at Suite 400.
For the most accurate and current route details, including traffic conditions and any road changes, using a real-time navigation service is recommended.