Pasadena Car Accident Lawyer
Anyone in Pasadena can get into a car accident – even the safest driver. You simply cannot control what others do on the road or stop them from making the types of careless and reckless decisions that lead to crashes. However, you can take control of what happens after the crash. It starts by seeking help from an experienced Pasadena car accident lawyer who will be dedicated to protecting your rights, your interests and your overall well-being.
At Michael P. Fleming & Associates, P.C., we can bring decades of personal injury experience to your case. We know what it takes to thoroughly investigate car accidents and to pursue maximum compensation for victims and their families in Pasadena and throughout the Houston area. To discuss how we can help you, call or reach us online today and receive a free, no-risk consultation.
How Can a Lawyer Help You After an Auto Accident?
After a car crash, many people think that they can handle a claim on their own. They may be convinced that the insurance company will offer a fair settlement. Unfortunately, this is not always true. In most cases, injured individuals will benefit from speaking to a lawyer that can handle their case and protect them while dealing with the insurance companies. At Michael P. Fleming & Associates, P.C., you can count on us to:
- Explain the laws that apply to your case, advise you of your legal options and ensure that you make informed decisions.
- Conduct a comprehensive investigation of your case in order to determine why your accident happened and identify who should be held liable for it.
- Calculate the economic and non-economic damages that you should seek.
- Negotiate aggressively with the insurance company and demand a full and fair settlement on your behalf.
- Take your case to trial and fight for you in the courtroom if the insurance company fails to make a settlement offer that you can accept.
- Handle all other aspects of your case, including dealing with medical care providers and helping you to get your car repaired or replaced.
These are just a few of the ways in which an attorney from Michael P. Fleming & Associates, P.C., will help with your car accident case. Essentially, we will take over all of the paperwork and legwork associated with your case so that you can focus on your recovery.
What Should You Do After a Car Accident?
The steps you take after a car crash in Pasadena can either help or hurt your claim. To protect your rights, we suggest that you:
- Report the accident – Texas law requires drivers to report any accident that results in injury, death or excessive property damage. When you report the accident to the police, an officer will also prepare a report about the crash. The police crash report can play an important role as you move forward.
- Collect information – The information at the scene of the crash will serve as useful evidence in your claim. Take pictures, collect names and contact information from witnesses and make sure that you get the name, contact information and registration and insurance information from all drivers involved in the accident.
- Seek medical attention immediately – If you wait too long to see a doctor, it could harm your health and possibly hurt your chances of recovering compensation. An insurance company may try to use your delay to argue that you were not seriously hurt in the crash, or that your crash did not cause your injuries.
You will also need to speak to an insurance company. However, before you do, you should speak to a lawyer from Michael P. Fleming & Associates, P.C. You should never give a recorded statement or accept a settlement offer until you consult with a lawyer first.
Why Do Car Accidents Happen?
Unfortunately, driver error is the leading cause of car accidents in Pasadena and throughout Texas. Our attorneys often work with clients in crashes that involve:
- Speeding and other forms of aggressive driving such as tailgating
- Distracted driving
- Drunk driving (or drug-impaired driving)
- Failure to adjust to poor weather conditions
- Failure to follow traffic signs and signals
- Unsafe turns and lane changes.
However, driver negligence is not the only cause of crashes. In many cases, a crash occurs due to a defective automobile design or manufacturing defect. If you have reason to believe that a defective auto or auto part caused your accident, you will benefit from working with law firm that has the skill, experience and resources to take on product liability cases.
How Do You Prove Liability in a Car Accident?
To secure compensation for the injuries you suffered in a crash in Pasadena, you typically will need to prove that another driver was at fault. At Michael P. Fleming & Associates, P.C., we will conduct an exhaustive investigation of your accident. In the course of that investigation, we may collect and analyze evidence such as:
- Accident scene photos
- Dash-cam, red light or surveillance camera footage
- Eyewitness statements
- Police report
- Traffic citations
- Toxicology test results
- Cell phone records
- Black box data.
Our law firm also works with highly knowledgeable experts in fields such as accident reconstruction. These experts can help us to determine the factors that contributed to an accident. An accident reconstruction expert can prepare a report or even testify if a case goes to trial.
Does Texas Have a Statute of Limitations on Car Accident Claims?
In Texas, you must file your car accident claim within a certain timeframe. This is known as the statute of limitations. In Texas, you generally must file a claim within two years after your accident and injuries occur. If you file your claim after the statute of limitations has expired, you may be barred from any recovery. For this reason, it is important to seek legal help as soon as possible after a crash.
Get Help from an Experienced Pasadena Car Accident Lawyer
The aftermath of a car accident can be scary and confusing. If you have been in a crash, you need the help of our Pasadena car accident attorneys at Michael P. Fleming & Associates, P.C. We will know how to prove who should be held liable for your crash and hold insurance companies accountable for paying the compensation you deserve. Contact us to schedule a free consultation and learn more about how we can help you.