What Types of Personal Injury Cases Do We Handle?
Our Pasadena personal injury attorneys handle a wide range of cases, including:
- Car Accidents – Fleming Law can help you pursue compensation for injuries sustained in a car accident, including whiplash, soft tissue injuries, and concussions. We have experience with cases involving hit-and-run accidents, uninsured motorists, and distracted driving.
- Truck Accidents – We can help you hold trucking companies and their insurers responsible for injuries you sustained in a truck accident. Trucking collisions often cause serious injuries, including internal bleeding, paralysis, and wrongful death. Many of these cases involve driver fatigue, inadequate training, and improper cargo loading.
- Motorcycle Accidents – Our lawyers can help you seek money for injuries sustained in a motorcycle accident, such as road rash and traumatic brain injuries. We work on cases involving motorcycle crashes caused by various factors, including driver errors, defective motorcycle parts, and poor road conditions.
- Boating Accidents – Injuries sustained in a boating accident can be costly. But you may be owed money for your losses. Boating collision injuries, including drowning, often result from operator error, mechanical defects, and alcohol-related accidents.
- Bicycle Accidents – Bicycle accidents can be devastating, and recovery might take a long time – and a lot of money. Let us pursue compensation on your behalf. We handle bike crash cases involving driver negligence, failure to yield, and other causes.
- Pedestrian Accidents – When you’re injured in a pedestrian accident, you may not be able to handle pursuing compensation on your own if your injuries are severe. We can work to demand the compensation you need for your injuries, including broken bones, back injuries, and internal injuries.
- Slip-and-Fall Accidents – Our team can help you pursue compensation for injuries sustained in a slip-and-fall accident, such as head injuries and herniated discs. Slips, trips, and falls can happen anywhere with wet floors, uneven surfaces, and inadequate warning signs.
- Oil Refinery Accidents – We can work to seek damages for your injuries sustained in an oil refinery accident, including burns, respiratory injuries, and wrongful death. Contact us for help with cases involving employer negligence, safety violations, and defective equipment.
- Work Injury Accidents – If you were injured at work, we could help you demand the money you’re owed. Common workplace injuries include sprains and strains, neck and back injuries, and repetitive stress injuries. On-the-job injuries can occur because of employer negligence, inadequate safety protocols, and workplace accidents.
- Medical Malpractice – Fleming Law can help you pursue compensation for injuries sustained due to medical malpractice. Some common examples of medical malpractice include misdiagnoses, surgical errors, and medication errors. We also handle medical neglect, birth injuries, and wrongful death cases.
- Nursing Home Abuse – If your loved one suffered injuries from nursing home abuse, we can help you pursue the money you need to help your family recover. Nursing home residents can be victims of inadequate staffing, unsanitary conditions, and violations of their rights. Injuries could include physical abuse, neglect, and financial exploitation.
- Wrongful Death – Our compassionate attorneys can help you pursue compensation for the wrongful death of a loved one, including funeral expenses, medical bills, and lost income. Wrongful death claims are often the result of fatal accidents, defective products, and medical malpractice.
No matter the type of accident you were involved in, our Pasadena personal injury attorneys can help you pursue justice and compensation for your injuries.
What Are Some Common Injuries That May Result from a Personal Injury Accident?
Accidents can result in a wide range of injuries, from minor cuts and bruises to life-altering disabilities. Some of the most common injuries we see in our practice include:
- Traumatic brain injuries – Traumatic brain injuries (TBIs) usually result from a blow to the head. They can cause memory loss, difficulty concentrating, and changes in mood and behavior. A severe TBI can have long-lasting and debilitating effects on your quality of life.
- Spinal cord injuries – These injuries can result in paralysis, loss of sensation, and chronic pain. They can be devastating, and many people with spinal cord injuries require ongoing medical care and support.
- Broken bones – Bone fractures are often extremely painful and may require surgery to repair. They can also lead to long-term complications like arthritis and chronic pain.
- Burns and scarring – Burns frequently cause disfiguring scars and may require extensive medical treatment, such as skin grafts and reconstructive surgery.
- Internal injuries – Internal bleeding and injuries to internal organs are frequently life-threatening and may require emergency medical care. They can include damage to organs such as the liver, kidneys, and lungs.
- Emotional trauma – Injury accidents can also cause emotional trauma, such as anxiety, depression, and post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD). These conditions can significantly impact a person’s mental health and well-being.
No matter the extent of your injuries, the experienced team at Fleming Law will work tirelessly to help you pursue the compensation you need to move forward with your life.
How Do I Know If I Have a Valid Personal Injury Case?
For a valid personal injury case, you must prove that someone else’s negligence or wrongdoing caused your injuries. This means showing that the other party failed to act with reasonable care and that their actions led directly to your injuries.
Determining who is at fault and whether they could be held accountable is a complex task. Our attorneys can help you understand whether you have a valid claim based on the facts of your case. We can investigate your claim, gather evidence, and consult with experts to build a strong case on your behalf.
Can I Be Compensated for My Injuries?
The compensation you can recover for your injuries will depend on the specific circumstances of your case. In general, you may be able to obtain compensation for:
- Medical expenses – These expenses include the cost of hospital stays, surgeries, medications, and rehabilitation. You may also be able to recover compensation for ongoing medical care, such as physical therapy and home healthcare.
- Lost wages – Lost wages include any unpaid time you have missed from work due to your injuries. If your injuries prevent you from returning to your job, you may also be owed compensation for lost earning capacity.
- Pain and suffering – Physical pain, emotional distress, and mental anguish are losses, just as much as medical expenses are. It can be challenging to put a dollar amount on these losses. However, our attorneys can work with you to determine a fair value based on the severity of your injuries and their impact on your life.
- Loss of consortium – This is your family’s or spouse’s loss of your companionship, comfort, and support. These losses can be particularly important in wrongful death cases.
Our Pasadena personal injury lawyers will work closely with you to pursue the maximum compensation available under the law. We understand the financial burden an injury can place on you and your family and will aggressively work toward the money you need.
How Is Fault Determined in a Personal Injury Case?
Fault in a personal injury case often involves the legal concept of negligence. Negligence occurs when someone fails to act with reasonable care and their actions injure another person.
Our attorneys can help you determine who may be at fault in your case and build a strong legal argument to support your claim. This may involve gathering and securing evidence such as:
- Accident reports
- Surveillance and traffic footage
- Medical records
- Photos and videos of the accident scene
- Witness testimony
Is the “Other Person” Always At Fault?
In some cases, multiple parties may be partially responsible for an accident. Or the victim may have contributed to their injuries in some way.
Texas follows a modified comparative fault rule. This law means that if the victim is more than 50 percent at fault for an accident, they cannot recover any compensation for their losses. Our attorneys can help you with this complex legal standard and ensure your rights are protected.
Is There a Time Limit in Texas for Filing a Personal Injury Claim?
In Texas, the statute of limitations for personal injury claims typically allows two years from the date of the injury to file a lawsuit. It is crucial to act quickly and contact an attorney as soon as possible after your accident to ensure that you do not miss the deadline for filing your lawsuit.
How to Protect Your Rights After an Accident
If you have suffered an injury due to someone else’s negligence, here are the steps to take to protect your right to compensation:
- Seek medical attention – Your health and well-being are your top priority. Get medical attention as soon as possible, even if you feel fine. Some injuries may not be immediately apparent, and a delay in treatment can exacerbate your condition.
- Document the accident – Take photos of the accident scene, any property damage, and your injuries. Collect contact information from any witnesses and write down a detailed account of what happened.
- Report the accident – If the accident occurred at work, report it to your employer. If it was a car accident, report it to your insurance company and the police. Make sure to keep copies of any written reports or correspondence.
- Do not admit fault – Do not apologize or admit fault, even if you think you may have contributed to the accident. Leave the determination of responsibility to the legal process.
- Consult a personal injury attorney – A skilled personal injury attorney can help you understand your rights and legal options. They can advise you on the best course of action for your situation and help you through the legal process.
About Pasadena, Texas
As Pasadena sits within the Houston-The Woodlands-Sugar Land metropolitan area, we have seen unprecedented growth and expansion over the last few years. Historically, Houston has been among the fastest-growing metropolitan areas in the United States, and this has had a huge impact on Pasadena.
The close proximity to Houston has led to a population spike in Pasadena, and while this has been good for the economy at large, it has also meant that we have more people on our streets, in our stores, and visiting our doctors. Unfortunately, this often translates into more car crashes, more slip and fall injuries, and more instances of medical malpractice. In other words, more personal injury cases.