Medical Malpractice Lawyers in Houston
Medical malpractice in the United States is a serious personal injury issue that has affected the lives of many people.
Have you suffered personal injury in Houston, TX due to a careless mistake by a doctor, nurse, surgeon, pharmacist, or other medical providers? Contact our Houston medical malpractice lawyers at Fleming Law Personal Injury Attorney for strong legal representation. We understand medical malpractice laws in Texas and know how to help you move your case forward. We’ve been helping victims of medical malpractice in Texas for years with their medical malpractice claims.
- 1 What Common Types of Medical Malpractice Result in Injury and Death in Houston?
- 2 How Much Does Medical Malpractice Cost In Terms of Dollars Annually?
- 3 What is the Statute of Limitations for Filing a Medical Malpractice Lawsuit in Texas?
- 4 Contact Our Highly-Rated Houston Attorneys if You Suspect Medical Malpractice
What Common Types of Medical Malpractice Result in Injury and Death in Houston?
Surgeons, family doctors, radiologists, nurses, anesthesiologists, and general practitioners all have important roles in providing medical care to patients. A mistake made by any healthcare professional can have dire consequences for a patient. Examples of medical negligence mishaps that cause injury and wrongful death include:
- Not providing the required treatment for a condition
- Misdiagnosing or failing to diagnose a serious disease
- Surgical errors such as operating on the wrong body part, leaving instruments in the patient, severing a nerve, and other mistakes during surgery that lead to spinal cord and other injuries
- Failing to prevent infection, failing to diagnose and treat infection, pneumonia, or sepsis
- Prescribing the wrong drug, prescribing dangerous drugs, or other medication errors
- Birth injuries caused by errors during labor and delivery
- Nursing home abuse or neglect
According to the Journal of Patient Safety, an estimated 210,000 to 440,000 Americans die each year due to hospital errors.
A 2006 follow-up to the 1999 Institute of Medicine Study found that errors in medication are the most common mistakes by health care professionals, harming nearly 1.5 million people every year.
How Much Does Medical Malpractice Cost In Terms of Dollars Annually?
The above examples of medical malpractice cover just some of the most common medical errors. The cost associated with these errors in lost income, disability, and health care costs is as much as $29 billion annually. The Institute of Medicine’s report estimates that more than half of the adverse events occurring each year are due to preventable errors, causing the death of tens of thousands of patients.
What is the Statute of Limitations for Filing a Medical Malpractice Lawsuit in Texas?
In the state of Texas, there is a two year Statute of Limitations for medical malpractice claims. While two years may seem like a long time, time is definitely of the essence if you suspect medical negligence and wish to pursue legal action.
Contact Our Highly-Rated Houston Attorneys if You Suspect Medical Malpractice
If you suffered complications following routine surgery, an adverse reaction to a dangerous medication or a loved one died due to a medical mistake, contact Fleming Law Personal Injury Attorney, today. Our Houston medical malpractice lawyers fight to recover fair compensation for patients who were harmed and families who lost a loved one due to medical malpractice in Houston, Dallas, and other cities throughout Texas. We can help you recover compensation for your medical bills, lost wages, and even pain and suffering. Call our law offices today to speak with an experienced medical malpractice attorney in Houston today regarding your medical negligence injury claim. Our expert attorneys at law have a track record of fighting for those with a difficult medical malpractice lawsuit.