Houston Premises Liability Attorney
In Houston, like other large cities, there are thousands of residential and commercial properties.
Sometimes, people are injured by something on the property such as in a dog attack while others are injured by the condition of the property.
Owners of buildings, businesses, and property in Texas have a duty to ensure the safety of everyone.
Whether it is inside where:
- Slippery wet floors are not marked
- Areas under renovation or construction are not secured
Or outside where:
- Damaged walkways are in need of repair
- Potholes and cracks are in parking lots and driveways
- Balconies are poorly constructed, under-maintained or require improvements
It could be a grocery store, a strip mall, an apartment building, or a hotel.
Accidents can happen at any time resulting in broken arms, hip injuries, and concussions.
What Should I Do After Getting Injured on Someone’s Property?
At Fleming Law our premises attorneys advocate for individuals who have been injured as a result of negligence on someone else’s property.
Houston business owners, homeowners, and commercial property owners can be found liable for accidents that occur on their property and the resulting injuries and damages.
We pursue full compensation on behalf of our clients through commercial liability insurance, homeowners insurance, and other sources of recovery.
If you are unsure about who may be responsible for your injuries contact us anytime for a free consultation.
How We Prove a Premises Liability Claim in Houston
Generally, in order to recover for personal injuries on the property of another in Texas, an injured victim must show that:
- The owner or operator had actual or constructive knowledge of an unsafe condition on the premises
- The condition posed an unreasonable risk of harm
- The owner or operator did not exercise reasonable care to reduce or eliminate the risk
- The failure of the owner or operator of the premises to use such care caused the plaintiff’s injuries.
While wet floors, debris, and obstacles are the sources of many slip and fall injuries that occur in stores and malls, other premises accidents involve negligent security or other negligence.
The Houston premises liability lawyers at our firm represent injured clients who have sustained back injury, neck injury, hip fracture, head injury or other serious injury as a result of negligence.
We see it all the time, dangerous conditions caused by inadequate maintenance, lack of security, or failure to correct hazards and building code violations on the property. Inevitably it leads to:
- Slip and fall or trip and fall: Resulting from liquids or debris on the floor, torn carpet, uneven sidewalks, over-polished slippery floors, or other factors. If the owner knew or should have known of the unreasonably dangerous condition that caused the slip and fall, you might be entitled to compensation.
- Parking lot or parking garage assaults: Resulting from negligent security, inadequate security, negligent lighting, or other business negligence such as valet drivers or negligence in parking garages.
- Stairwell accidents: Resulting from broken or missing handrails, defective stairs, inadequate lighting, or other negligence. Houston, Texas city code regulations are in place to make sure stairwells are safe. Violation of these codes can impose liability upon the property owner.
- Elevator accidents: Resulting from poor maintenance or neglect. It is surprising how many elevator accidents still occur. They usually result from the property owner not spending the necessary funds to make sure they remain safe. City of Houston, Texas regulations require regular inspections and certification. When property owners ignore the law, injuries can occur.
- Roof and Falling object injury: Merchandise or materials falling from store shelves or construction sites cause serious injuries and death. This can be a common problem in the retail industry, especially with so many big-bog, warehouse-type stores in business with merchandise stacked up to the ceiling.
- Attractive nuisances: Many children are injured or killed on the property of another after being drawn there by dangerous conditions that they could not appreciate due to their youth.
- Criminal attacks: We have represented women who have been attacked at apartment complexes. These attacks could have been prevented if the property owner had taken reasonable steps to protect our clients and warn them of the danger the complex owners knew about.
- Swimming pool injuries: Local laws require that pools be secured so that children don’t fall in and drown. Unfortunately, many commercial property owners ignore the law and put kids at risk.
- Balcony injuries: When property owners do not properly maintain balconies, serious injuries, and death often result.
- Bars and Restaurants: When owners do not properly protect their property, death, and injury are possible.
Contact our Houston Premises Liability Lawyer Today!
If you have been injured on someone else’s property in Houston, Texas, you may have a premises liability claim.
Our premises liability attorneys in Houston will listen to you describe the accident, investigate and analyze your case, and explain your options for pursuing compensation.
Contact our premises liability lawyers at Fleming Law for a free case analysis. Or call us at 737-201-0543 to speak to a lawyer today.