Lawyers for Car Accidents Caused by Distracted Drivers in Houston
We have all seen this situation on highways in and around Houston, Texas.
The car in front of you or beside you is slowly swerving from one side of their lane to the other.
You decide that it is unsafe so you change lanes and pass them.
And as you pass, the driver is either;
- Talking on their phone
- Reading a text or an email on their phone
Or even worse
They are texting with one hand, with the other hand on the wheel
Their eyes are focused on their phone and NOT on the road.
Chances are you will drive another mile down the interstate and see the same thing.
These drivers are distracted. Plain and simple.
They pose a risk to everyone else on the road.
And They Cause Accidents.
It’s become known as Talk, Text, Crash.
If a distracted driver caused your accident and you were injured contact us today for a free evaluation.
The National Motor Vehicle Crash Causation Survey states that distracted driving is the primary cause for 18 percent of the nation’s car crashes. This is certainly true in the Houston area.
These numbers include people talking on cellphones, listening to music, texting, web surfingand dealing with noisy and distracting passengers. Teens texting while driving is a particularly bad problem and often result in multi-vehicle accidents.
Depending on the circumstances, you may be able to collect compensation for car accident injuries and damages caused by the negligence of a distracted driver. At Michael P. Fleming & Associates, P.C., our car accident lawyers in Houston will review your case in a free initial consultation and determine your legal options.
The Impact Of Distracted Driving
Our distracted driver automobile accident lawyers are experienced in representing clients in all types of motor vehicle accident cases, including cellphone accidents. Many of these cases stem from a distracted or inattentive driver.
While it may not seem like a bad driving habit to constantly change the radio, talk on the phone or listen to loud music, these and other distractions can cause a driver to swerve into another lane, rear-end a slower vehicle or a stopped vehicle, drive off the road, run a stop sign, or make other serious and potentially fatal mistakes.
An Experienced Law Firm On Your Side
Were you injured because someone was speeding in a school zone or texting while driving in Houston or anywhere else in the state of Texas? Our attorneys have handled distracted driving accident cases resulting in serious personal injury such as:
- Traumatic brain injuries include concussions from a sudden blow to the head like whiplash in a car accident.
- Spinal cord injuries are caused by a sudden traumatic blow to the back damaging the vertebrae, discs and spinal column which can lead to serious injury including paraplegia.
- Amputations, in some cases serious injury from a car accident or truck accident may result in the loss of a limb.
- Shoulder and neck injuries from car accidents are primarily caused by the whiplash on impact, especially when it is from a rear-end accident or head-on collision.
- Lacerations in accidents can be caused by broken glass, deploying air bags and the impact of hitting a steering wheel or dashboard.
- Broken bones are caused by the impact of hitting another car, guardrails or cement barriers especially when the crash involves the side panels or doors of the car.
- Organ injuries are internal injuries and can be difficult to detect, symptoms such as nausea, vomiting, localized pain and swelling can all be indications of potentially serious injury.
Our Houston, Texas accident injury firm has been recognized for its success and dedication to injured and suffering clients. We have been AV Preeminent rated* by Martindale-Hubbell’s peer review rating system.
We have also been featured in H-Texas Magazine’s Top Lawyers issue, which features the best lawyers and law firms in Houston.
Texas laws have banned the use of hand-held devices (cellphones) for many drivers due to the high volume of car accidents they cause. Unfortunately, this has not been enough to deter drivers of all ages and classes from using them.
If you or a loved one has been involved in a car accident, motorcycle accident or other motor vehicle accident caused by a distracted driver, trust Michael P. Fleming & Associates, P.C., to provide you with the personalized, quality legal counsel you deserve. Contact our Houston personal injury law firm or a car accident attorney for a free case evaluation.