Houston Work Injury Lawyers
Were you hurt at work or injured on the job in Houston?
Our work injury lawyers will investigate every detail related to your accident.
We will do our own investigation and determine if;
- unsafe working conditions caused your injury
- inadequate safety and training played a role in the accident
- faulty equipment or the negligence of a co-worker caused you injuries
We will DEMAND that your employer keep any video, work logs, equipment, tools or other evidence.
We will make sure your employer reports any serious injury to OSHA (Occupational, Health and Safety Administration).
What if my employer does not have worker’s compensation?
If your employer decided to withhold the protections of worker’s compensation TEXAS STATE LAW allows
an injured worker to bring a claim against their employer.
Furthermore, as added protection for the worker, Texas labor law prohibits the employer from claiming that the work injuries were caused by the contributory negligence of the victim, that the employee assumed the risk or that it was caused by a fellow employee.
These types of work injury cases are also known as “non-subscriber cases”.
If you have been injured at work and your company lacks worker’s compensation coverage, you need to contact experienced work-related injury and wrongful death lawyers immediately to protect your rights. Contact Michael P. Fleming & Associates, P.C., now to discuss your case or call 713-221-6800.
Types of Workplace Injuries
Workplace on-the-job injuries can take many forms. Our work injury lawyers accept all types of job injury cases including, but not limited to:
- Worker’s compensation: The worker’s compensation program is meant to provide financial protection for injured workers. Unfortunately, it us usually inadequate to compensate folks for their work injury. However, workers are often able to seek compensation from any third parties that caused the workplace injuries.
- Third-party liability: Many injured people on-the-job who are covered by worker’s compensation may also have a case against third parties who caused their harm.
More often than not, they involve serious injuries such as broken bones or a broken back and in some cases amputations and death.
- Construction accidents: Construction sites present significant on-the-job dangers for workers and bystanders due to the many different companies that can have workers present doing various dangerous jobs. The chances of a work injury increase substantially in the construction industry.
- Industrial accidents: We have helped many work injury clients who have been hurt at work in industrial accidents in Houston and throughout Texas – many due to faulty or altered machinery. When companies alter safety mechanisms to cut costs and increase productivity accidents on the job are sure to happen. The Occupation Health and Safety Administration (OSHA) investigates companies that injury employees because of inadequate safety. When we take a work injury case, we often report the incident to OSHA so that a proper government investigation can take place.
- Refinery accidents: There is almost never a “minor” accident at a refinery. Injured refinery workers need competent counsel immediately after an accident to oversee any investigation and protect their interests.
- Explosion and burn injury: Burns and other injuries from explosions are some of the worst and longest lasting on-the-job injuries.
- Railroad injury: Railroad workers face unique dangers from long-term exposure to noises causing hearing loss to exposure to dangerous substances.
- Mesothelioma: Exposure to asbestos by workers in various industries — even for a relatively short period of time — can lead to the development of mesothelioma later in life. If you or a loved one received a diagnosis of mesothelioma, contact us for a free consultation.
- Chemical exposure: Workplace exposure to dangerous chemicals is common in just about every industry and line of work. Injuries to the skin, lungs and other internal organs can be immediate.
- Toxic exposure: If you have come into contact with any toxic substance on the job, you might be in danger of immediate or future physical problems.
- Injured Police Officers: Our lawyers have represented many law enforcement officers over the years — both in defending them in lawsuits and representing them when injured on the job.
- Oil spills: Oil spills along the Gulf Coast can cause both physical injuries and more often than not causes economic damages to those who make their livelihood in the area.
Our on-the-job injury lawyers accept work injury cases and can discuss your options today. Whether your injury involves broken bones, back injuries, hearing loss, vision loss, shoulder injuries, brain injuries or other serious injuries, contact us today to discuss your right to compensation.
Our Houston, Texas on-the-job accident attorneys handle all personal injury cases, including work-related injuries, on a contingency fee basis, meaning you don’t pay for our services unless you receive compensation for your injuries, and expenses will not be paid by you until you receive a settlement or payment of a judgment.