Distracted Driver Accident Lawyers
The National Motor Vehicle Crash Causation Survey states that distracted driving is the primary cause for 18 percent of the nation’s car crashes. These numbers include people talking on cellphones, listening to music, texting, web surfing and dealing with noisy and distracting passengers. Teens texting while driving is a particularly bad problem. Depending on the circumstances, you may be able to collect compensation for car accident injuries and damages caused by the negligence of a distracted driver. At Michael P. Fleming & Associates, P.C., we will review your case in a free initial consultation and determine your legal options.
The Impact Of Distracted Driving
Our Houston distracted driver car accident attorneys are experienced in representing clients in all types of motor vehicle accident cases, including cellphone accidents. Many of these cases stem from a distracted or inattentive driver. While it may not seem like a bad driving habit to constantly change the radio, talk on the phone or listen to loud music, these and other distractions can cause a driver to swerve into another lane, rear-end a slower vehicle or a stopped vehicle, drive off the road, run a stop sign, or make other serious and potentially fatal mistakes.
An Experienced Law Firm On Your Side
Were you injured because someone was speeding in a school zone or texting while driving? Our attorneys have handled distracted driving accident cases resulting in serious personal injury such as:
- Traumatic brain injuries include concussions from a sudden blow to the head like whiplash in a car accident.
- Spinal cord injuries are caused by a sudden traumatic blow to the back damaging the vertebrae, discs and spinal column which can lead to serious injury including paraplegia.
- Amputations, in some cases serious injury from a car accident or truck accident may result in the loss of a limb.
- Shoulder and neck injuries from car accidents are primarily caused by the whiplash on impact, especially when it is from a rear-end accident or head-on collision.
- Lacerations in accidents can be caused by broken glass, deploying air bags and the impact of hitting a steering wheel or dashboard.
- Broken bones are caused by the impact of hitting another car, guardrails or cement barriers especially when the crash involves the side panels or doors of the car.
- Organ injuries are internal injuries and can be difficult to detect, symptoms such as nausea, vomiting, localized pain and swelling can all be indications of potentially serious injury.
Our Texas accident injury firm has been recognized for its success and dedication to injured and suffering clients. We have been AV Preeminent rated* by Martindale-Hubbell’s peer review rating system. We have also been featured in H-Texas Magazine’s Top Lawyers in Houston issue, which features the best Houston lawyers and law firms. Texas laws have banned the use of hand-held devices (cellphones) for many drivers due to the high volume of car accidents they cause. Unfortunately, this has not been enough to deter drivers of all ages and classes from using them.
If you or a loved one has been involved in a car accident, motorcycle accident or other motor vehicle accident caused by a distracted driver, trust Michael P. Fleming & Associates, P.C., to provide you with the personalized, quality legal counsel you deserve. Contact our Houston personal injury law firm for a free case analysis.