Houston Highway Car Accidents Lawyers
With the constant, expanding sprawl of major cities in Texas like Houston, the frequency of highway car wrecks is always increasing.
Driving on highways can be very challenging at times:
- Traffic volumes can suddenly increase which means you need to slow down and be aware other drivers behind and in front of you, or drivers who may be suddenly changing lanes
- You may find yourself approaching a construction zone where the speed limit is lowered, the number of lanes reduced, or the shoulder of the road is taken away…you have to make sure you drive carefully in these areas
AND YOU ALWAYS have to be aware of other drivers who are speeding or driving aggressively.
When careless drivers are behind the wheel, Texas highways become dangerous and all drivers are put at risk.
Were you seriously injured in a highway accident, in a construction zone or work zone?
You need an experienced car accident lawyer and Houston car accident injury attorney on your side. Contact Michael P. Fleming & Associates, P.C., today to discuss your case 737-201-0543.
Causes Of Highway Accidents
Several thousand car accidents happen every year on Texas freeways. Many of these accidents are fatal. According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, one of the following factors causes the majority of highway accidents:
- Distracted drivers (common distractions include talking on a cellphone, texting, adjusting the radio, driving in construction or work zones, or being distracted by other passengers)
- Fatigue. In many situations, driving while tired or exhausted is just as dangerous as drunk driving. In the commercial context, employers allowing their drivers to drive without rest creates additional liability for the accidents they cause.
- Driving while intoxicated, drunk drivers are always a problem on Houston highways – especially after the bars close in the middle of the night. Too many accidents happen when drunks get behind the wheel and drive the wrong way down the highway.
- Speeding. With the recent increase in the speed limits on Texas highways, there is a tendency for some drivers to go even faster. To them a 75 mph limit on the highway really means 85 or 90. These speeds are always dangerous and cause accidents.
- Aggressive driving. Weaving in and out of traffic, tailgating and speeding are always factors in the cause of highway car wrecks.
- Weather conditions. When driving in Houston’s often severe weather conditions, it is important to slow down on the highway to avoid hydro-planing and causing an accident.
Experience With Highway Auto Wrecks
Highway accident victims suffer physically, emotionally and financially. Our attorneys are committed to providing car accident victims and their families with aggressive representation. We maintain a solid reputation throughout the Texas legal community for our effective courtroom skills.
Have you or a loved one suffered a serious injury in a highway accident, truck accident, motorcycle accident or other vehicle accident?
Was a loved one involved in a fatal car wreck on a Texas highway?
We represent car and semi truck accident victims injured on highways, interstates, expressways and freeways throughout Houston, including Loop 610, Beltway 8, Sam Houston Tollway, 99 (Grand Parkway), interstates 10, 59, 527, 261 and 45, and various other roadways throughout Texas and nationwide.
Contact Michael P. Fleming & Associates, P.C., immediately online or call us at 737-201-0543 to schedule a free consultation. We work hard to help clients get their lives back after a highway accident.